What's the difference between a venue provided planner, contracted wedding planner?
1. Their tasks are to advocate for the venue that they represent.
2. They assist you in selecting your menu and bar items and linens and chairs from their house selection.
3. As far as the budget they make sure that the venue is paid on time.
4. Day-Of, they assist in lining up the bridal party and getting the wedding started. When I work with venue staff, I find them essential to getting the food and bar staff running.
So what does a wedding planner do again???
Wedding Planners -
We do everything it requires to host a wedding from A-Z.
1. Wedding planners research venue sites and make site visits to meet staff and chefs in preparation for new clients. Since we have done our research, once we meet you, we have a wealth of knowledge of venues that will prove to be the right fit for the type of wedding that you desire.
2. We can never treat our clients as one-size-fits-all, because we know that each bride is unique and since our name is on it, each event we do has to be spectacular in its own unique way.
3. We handpick vendors that to fit your wants, needs and most of all budget. We make sure that all the vendors are paid on-time, as we assist with providing a detailed budget and payment timeline. 4. During the day of the wedding, our team provides exclusive attention to all the needs of the bridal party and guest. If Uncle Bob needs a tums, we got it covered!
5. Our day doesn't end when the venue closes for the night. We are making sure all lose ends (gifts, decor breakdown, any venue overages) are covered. Wedding planners are also known to plan wedding related events such as, engagement surprises, engagement dinners, bridal gown shopping excursions, bridal showers, out-of-town guest activities, rehearsal dinners and farewell brunches.
"Nia Mobley carried herself in a very professional manner when corresponding with vendors and the like. Working with our small budget was no easy task, but she made sure our wedding looked like a million bucks! Highly recommend Purposeful Events!" - Cydni, Purposeful Events Bride
Usually, clients that I cannot convince to hire a wedding planner or at least day-of planner, end up calling back about 4 weeks out from their wedding realizing that they now need a planner. They finally see the bigger picture and all that is involved and can't handle the stress.
Just as in any industry, wedding professionals are educated, have experience, and know-how; and can be trusted with your once in a life time event. Just think, we have planned many weddings, and this is your first time! Don't stress, Leave the planning to us!